Back to Education
The Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) is:
- an opportunity for young people and adults to return to part-time, flexible learning.
- a re-entry route for those in the workplace who wish to upgrade their skills in line with emerging needs.
- a chance to combine education and training with family, work and other responsibilities.
- designed to make further education more accessible.
- All with less than upper second level education
- All those in receipt of Social Welfare Payment
- All those with a current medical card
Fee’s - Full fee’s will apply to those who do not fit into the above categories
Programmes under the Back to Education Initiative (BTEI) are designed to build on existing full-time and part-time provision under:
- Adult Basic Education Services
- Community Education
- Senior Traveller Training Programmes
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
- Post Leaving Certificate (PLC) Courses
- Self-funded night-classes in second-level schools and other centres
BTEI courses take place in numerous locations throughout County Kildare. All BTEI student have the opportunity to work towards FETAC certification.
North County: Mary Faughnan (01-6246528) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid County: Pat Bennett (045-866314) – Email: email@example.com
West County: Imelda Carroll (045-522003) – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South County: Imelda Carroll (059-8633270) – Email: email@example.com